Friday, August 22, 2008

Latest tech breakthrough: Replacing phone bot with human!

Technology continues to make it difficult to live a slower, richer life.

For instance, I recently tried to solve a problem with a magazine I had ordered and never received. First, there are a long list of options on the web site. I chose to make the phone call, but that shoved me into the "automatic" subscription representative.

In other words, I was talking to a computer, one that couldn't understand me no matter how clearly I spoke! After repeating myself numerous times, I pressed the bottom for getting a new subscription. I figured there would be a real person for that! I was right, and it was taken care of immediately.

This was wasted time! A real person worked better! We must question just how much technology can do!

No comments: